How Do You Feel About Mid-Week Weddings?
If you are a newly engaged couple looking to get a date at your dream venue or a couple that have had to postpone your special day due to covid, then you may be considering a med-week wedding day. While weddings traditionally take place on Saturdays, there are a lot of advantages to mid-week weddings.
Mid-week weddings can work, and they can work really well. However, there are a lot of common concerns that couples have. So, as with all decisions in life, it’s a good idea to put together a list of the pros and cons.
The Cons Of A Mid-Week Wedding
- A wedding in the middle of the week might not suit all your guests.
- A mid-week wedding could hamper the next day celebrations.
- Guests may not be in party mode if it’s the middle of the week.
The Pros Of A Mid-Week Wedding
- Many wedding suppliers will have more available during the weekdays as the weekends are often fully booked months or even years in advance.
- You could get your dream venue that is booked up to 2-3 years in advance at the weekends.
- Your wedding suppliers may charge a lower fee for a mid-week wedding as this is often their quieter period.
- Just like your venue, your wedding suppliers are more likely to be available during the week.
The most common concern we hear from our couples about mid-week weddings is that it won’t suit their guests. At this point we suggest you stop and have a think. If you were invited to your best friend’s wedding, your sisters or your son’s wedding day and it was in the middle of the week, would you go? Of course, you would – you wouldn’t miss it for the world, and no will your guests.
The people that you invite to join you and your partner on your special day are loved ones, friends and family. Like you, they will attend, regardless of the date. In years to come, nobody will remember the day you got married, they will only remember how special the day was and the happy memories.
If you are opting for a mid-week wedding remember to give your guests lots of notice. This way they can book time off work to ensure they can definitely make it to enjoy your special day with you.
Professional wedding suppliers will play a huge part in the success of your wedding day. If you need mid-week wedding suppliers for your big day, call us now for recommendations in your local area.